5 Student Resources You Should Know About (and use!)
Whether you’re looking for extra support, or an extra edge, these five resources are available to you throughout the year:
- Teachers: Your course directors are teaching classes at Cummings School because they have a love of teaching. They WANT you to consult them with questions about the material in their courses. They are eager to discuss concepts in their material and study strategies. They can go over exams with you to clarify questions that you have missed. They genuinely want to see you succeed and are eager to help.
- Students: A group of 2nd year students provide tutoring sessions one evening each week in McGrath. Again, they are enlisting to do tutoring because they are interested in the course information and want to help other students succeed.
- Recordings: Remember, most lectures are recorded and you can access the recordings on TUSK to clarify any points of confusion and fill in your notes. Even though lectures are recorded, you should still come to class and engage with the faculty.
- Individual tutors: If you should begin to have real academic difficulty, we can arrange for upper class students as individual tutors through the Student Affairs Office. These tutors are for students who, after the midterm exam are in danger of earning a deficient grade. There is no charge for tutors.
- The Dean. Finally, consider making an appointment with Dr. Warner, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. She has many years now of academic advising for students, and SHE DOES NOT BITE!
March 03, 2017
February 13, 2017
January 17, 2017